Fine art lending
Leveraging an art collection
Whether you are funding an investment or adding to your collection, our fine art lending program is designed to complement your overall wealth planning strategy. Our highly experienced lenders will work with you throughout the loan process to identify and evaluate all your options.
- By using your art collection as collateral, you can diversify your sources of liquidity
- Benefit from a lending solution fully tailored to your individual situation
- In the majority of cases, the art pledged as collateral will remain in your possession
- Minimum loan size: $10,000,000
- Unrestricted use of proceeds, with the exception that bridge art sales will not be financed
- Typical tenor of one to two years—committed facility
- Full recourse to an individual or wealth vehicle whose financial ability is protected and
maintained through covenant compliance
- Eligible collateral includes paintings, sculptures and drawings physically located in the United States
- Independent appraisals are required upon loan origination and annually thereafter
- Each piece of art collateral must maintain an appraised value of $1,000,000 or more at all times
- Collateral shall consist of a pool of diversified artworks with no individual piece comprising greater than 20% of the total collateral pool and no individual artist comprising greater than 50% of the total collateral pool
- Advance rates typically up to 50% of the appraised fair market value estimate
- Insurance coverage for each piece is required, naming Deutsche Bank as loss payee
About Deutsche Bank Wealth Management
Deutsche Bank Wealth Management serves as a trusted partner to wealthy individuals, family offices and select institutions. With practices in the Americas, Europe and Emerging Markets, we are one of the largest wealth managers globally. As a full-service wealth management firm, we offer our clients a comprehensive suite of private banking solutions, including access to the broader financial offering of Deutsche Bank.
We would welcome the opportunity to work with you. For more information about our fine art lending program, please contact your relationship manager.